Thursday, November 15, 2012

Throw in the Gavel

Apparently I'm just on fire with this whole blogging thing -- two days in a row!

This post stems from not a revelation, not one specific instance of anything, but simply from shallow thinking. I often struggle with the pressure of being judged. Heck, I even have trouble with constructive criticism! (But that's neither here nor there... back to my point we go.) It seems as though I spend more time worrying about myself, than I do uplifting others. So, Facebook, you really want to know what's on my mind?

What can I do to become accepted into this group?
Why would a person have an issue with me? What have I done?
How come I am not good enough for this person or that person?
How do I measure up, or compare to others?
What if they're judging me right now? My clothes? My personality? My weight? My intelligence? Heaven forbid, my profile picture?!

Get over myself, right? I'm judging myself enough for everyone!
"The least amount of judging we can do, the better off we are."- Michael J. Fox

It is an important thing of which to be cautious. Most people are, in some way, concerned about being judged. Be careful, tough, to not become the biggest critic of them all. I will be the first to admit that I am very self-aware when it comes to my image, personality, work ethic, reputation, and other various aspects of my life. Yes, you should definitely be mindful, but it shouldn't leave you with a feeling of inferiority... or even superiority, for that matter.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets."- Clark Moustakas

It is a great thing to always be improving yourself--working out, eating healthy, setting goals, etc. Just remember that we should do these things to glorify God! ... Not to glorify ourselves.

God made you in His image! That makes you pretty neat.

....In the word's of Lit, "It's no surprise to me, I am my own worst enemy." Word.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment